Farland Church was founded in 1909. Services were mainly conducted in Norwegian until the 1940s. The church grounds include the building, a cemetery and outhouses. In all of its years it never had running water. The church discontinued services in the 1990. Records from the church have been donated to the Archives at the State Historical Society of North Dakota. The records there are recorded as Farland (N.D.) Lutheran Church records (MSS 11261).