In this feature-length, Emmy-nominated production, documentary producer Daniel Stenberg dives deeply into his grandfather’s story. His grandfather was one of six brothers born to North Dakota homesteaders of Norwegian descent. The family survived the Great Depression, became deeply involved in World War II, and experienced many other joys and challenges of living during one of America’s most intriguing time periods.
- BISMARCK, ND: 7:00PM, February 20, 2014, University of Mary
- WILLISTON, ND: 3:00PM, February 23, 2014, Williston State College
- JAMESTOWN, ND: 7:00PM, February 25, 2014, University of Jamestown
- BROADCAST PREMIERE: 8:00PM, February 26, 2014, Prairie Public Television
- SPEARFISH, SD: 7:00PM, March 20, 2014, Black Hills State University
- WATFORD CITY, ND: June 26-28, 2014, Watford City Centennial Film Festival
- MINOT, ND: 7:00PM, October 13, 2014, Minot State University
- ELLENDALE, ND: 7:00PM CT, Friday, December 5, 2014, Jeberleco
- BISMARCK, ND: 2:00PM CT, Sunday, January 11, 2015, North Dakota Heritage Center
- SIDNEY, MT: 2:00PM MT, Sunday, March 15, 2015, Mondak Heritage Center
Interested in hosting a screening? Contact Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
The film was funded in part by the North Dakota Humanities Council.